Saturday, March 1, 2008

Home at Last by Cathy Nichols



A friend of my turned me on to this artist, lets see, last week? I immediately became obsessed as I tend to do. I checked her website (cathynichols.com) and her Etsy store (cathynichols.etsy.com) daily to see what was new, what had I not noticed the day before, what originals were being bought, wondering what an original painting would look like... you know, your basic obsession. I had several favorites right away and was hoping to purchase one if I could save up the $30 for a printed copy. Well, on Monday she decided to have a sale on this print, one of my favorites! So for $15 it was mine. That is art I can afford. It may not be as big and stunning, nor will it be as nicely framed as our batiks from Bali, but it's nice and it's perfect. I love the warm colors and the funky tree. The little owl who is so clearly 'home'. As are we, 'home at last'. It's kind of funny because if this little piece of art had been named anything different, I may not have fallen in love with it. And it may have never found a place in our home, at last.