Saturday, March 8, 2008

My girl


It has been so much fun seeing how much different girls and boys are right from the beginning. Here are some of the things I love about my little girl - mine. : )

1 - She is not mine. Nor will she ever be any one's. She is so, well, hers. Sometimes it's hard because I feel less connected to her than I think I should be. I will learn how we gel together, think outside the box and be open to hearing what she needs from me. Most importantly, remembering that she is not me, nor is she mine. She is her own bright shining star, and all stars have a few poky edges. I love stars.

2 - The way she uses her little hands and fingers so delicately. And points at you with her hand crunched up next to her face as she points at you with her tiny little fingers and tells you something she things is of utmost importance.

3 - Her gorgeous curly hair, the way she smooths the hair out of her eyes across her forehead and pushes it out of the way. And the fact that not only will she wear a bow to keep her hair out of her eyes, she likes them.

4 - How she loves to say coffee and uses the ice cream cone from her kitchen set as her coffee cup. Because her Mommy likes coffee.

5 - She is the messiest eater I have ever encountered. And has no issue with being dirty. And the way she says 'poot' when she has a stinky surprise for us in her diaper. I can almost smell it now.

6 - Her need and love for her blankie that *I* made her. "Miekee" which is starting to evolve into more of a 'mankie'. Also "Tideledelee" now occasionally comes out as 'kitdelee'.

7 - Her love of shoes, and her dislike of lip gloss.

8 - The way she stands sometimes with one chubby little baby foot on top of the other.

9 - How much she likes to hug her people. And says sorry if she thinks she did something wrong. And the way she says 'keymew' for thank you.

10 - Her spitfire attitude that makes me want to plan my escape for the teen years.