Thursday, March 27, 2008

~

I'd like to have a moment of silence for my childhood pet, friend, and love. Bluebell passed away, less than peacefully on Tuesday night. Justin, the kids and I left San Diego earlier that afternoon. It's been hard on my family, after all, she's been with us for 17 years. I like to think that after a week of a full house (which surely stressed her out) and some extra loving she was just ready, ready to let go of the body that wasn't serving her so well anymore. Maybe after being a caretaker for my family for all this time, she saw that we all grew up and life is good we're all going to be ok. We may have bumps and bruises, literally as far as my kids are concerned and less visibly for some of the older and wiser types. But hopefully we've learned that life is a journey and there's no one way to live it. And we can make mistakes and disagree and still live in harmony.

The last thing I'd like to ask of our little kitty's spirit is to send a new love into my parents life. I fear my Mothers bruise from this particular fall will not heal without help. Let her know that it's ok and good, to love again. Let a new kitty fill her with joy so she doesn't linger in the sadness of this loss, so we can all bond again and get to know a new somebody special, and let them be fuzzy and wonderful. Thank you for all the years a memories, thank you for being our friend; our family.