Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Cheap, Not Easy, Awesome

While the kids and I were in San Diego visiting the PB's and helping with Chelsea's Wedding, Daddy was at home working super hard on spiffying up our itty bitty kitchen. I am very pleased to say that it turned out amazing!

Here is the evolution:

When we moved in, open space to the dining room and a 'portable' dishwasher - not as cool as it sounds. ; P


Framing the wall in to create Ty's room. And a great picture of the dish washing situation.


Whala! A wall so Ty can have his own room and get some rest.


Time for paint! Although it took a loooooong time to get ready. We had to take down the boarder around the top of the kitchen and eating area. I swear some one super glued that damn thing on. Holy crap, my arms got a work out! We're lucky we all survived that ordeal, whew.


Ahhh, so pretty! (See the boarder on the floor??? GRRRR)


Check out the new INSTALLED dishwasher!! No more wheeling that huge thing through the kitchen to hook it up to the sink, and unhook the microwave, and make sure nobody needs to get anything in there while you do it. I love craigslist.


AND, a new flat top stove (so that I will actually clean it!). Again, craigslist, I love you. And Gramma Nan gave us these awesome finds for Christmas. We are so lucky!


And now, for the pics you've all been waiting for...... I know how hard it's been for you to sleep and I'm sorry I've kept you awake for so long. So, here you go!



Isn't it gorgeous? Now it's a cute little kitchen instead of a crappy little kitchen. Gramma P got us the cute cafe' curtains for Christmas. They go perfectly!


Justin painted the cupboards white, replaced all the hinges and knobs. We got a prefab counter top for about $60 bucks or something awesome like that. The granite sink was on sale for around 50% off, and we got the cheapest faucet that matched the new knobs, I think it was about $45! How crazy is that? Then we splurged $20 on the tumbled marble back splash. LOL


Aren't you glad I didn't empty the sink before snapping the shot??


Close up of the counter and back splash.


Another great change was moving the microwave up over the stove. No we didn't go get a fancy new one that belongs over the stove. We kept with the penny pinching theme and just stuck the one we had up there. It's too high and it sticks out! But it works and I can just reach it, and now we actually have some counter space.



Thanks for touring our kitchen. Bye!