Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Aubree's new blanket!

I am so excited to have finally finished Aubree's bed spread. I knew I wanted to make this for her before I was even pregnant. I got a Jo-Ann (fabric and craft store) flier in the mail, way back when we lived in Idaho and Ty was younger than Aubree is now. There was this gorgeous blanket on the cover of the flier and I absolutely fell in love with it. Eventually I went and hunted down all the fabrics I wanted for the quilt top. This labor of love has been in the works for around 3 years! I had all the strips cut out and a good portion of them sewn together by the time we got pregnant and moved to Washington. That's where all work on the blanket took a turn and stopped all together. There just wasn't time or energy to sew after a huge move, chasing a barely 2 year old Ty, and trying to hang on to that single thread of sanity that was keeping me from totally losing it during a surprisingly difficult pregnancy.

Anyway, another baby and another new state later! I finally have had the time and ability to sew again. I put all the blocks together and headed back to Jo-Ann to pick out the boarder and backing fabric for my then almost 2 year old girl who's been in a big girl bed for 6 months with no bed spread! I am so happy to have finished and even better, she really likes it. It goes perfectly with her room - that I did not design specifically with the blanket in mind.

Isn't it awesome? : )