Sunday, February 24, 2008

So disappointed - and then not!

I have been meaning to complain, for some time now, about the fact that we have not built even one snowman. Not one! We built one the first time it snowed in Seattle. How is it that we moved to MINNESOTA and have had snow on the ground since Thanksgiving, but not one freakin' snowman?? I was feeling very ashamed about it. Like we haven't truly embraced our new home. And that's just not true! I've been telling Justin for a while now about how let down I've been that there are no men made of snow standing in our yard waving to folks as they go by.

We've had a few winter adventures while we waited for snowman weather. Tv, popcorn, and movies galore. Who'd have ever guessed that? But also some fun suggested by others and some we came up with on our own. Like, we brought our little plastic slide inside for the winter. That was a suggestion from heaven. It's in the basement, and since it's so cold down there we don't hang out there a lot. But when we do, it's super fun because there's a slide inside the house! And the train table Ty got for his Birthday is down there too. We blew bubbles in the sun filled living room. I really wish I had the video camera ready, but I couldn't find a new tape. Ugh! Seibu was running around in hysterics, jumping and chomping the bubbles. The kids were equally ecstatic. It was so much fun. We've had forts, and Aubree has dressed up with the 3 pairs of underware she got for Christmas, all on the outside of her clothes as a hat, a bag and such. So cute I tell you!



We also dug out of the closet all the scarfs and hats we have. And between me and my Gramma crocheting things, there is a lot. We all dressed up in those.



And Ty sleeps with all his new found hats and scarves and the blankies my Gramma made that he'd forgotten about. My Gramma. : )



Last but not least, yesterday Aubree was checking out one of Ty's favorite past-times, having Seibu lick his feet. Yep, you heard me. He's done it since he was about two, and he really does think it's the greatest thing. He snuggles up cozy with the dog and pulls his socks off and the two of them are in heaven. It's like they've gone to another place, they zone out. Aubree was trying it out, not quite getting the hang of it, so Ty came over to help her out. Of course he stole the show and she was feeling left out. So I kid you not, my husband walks out of the kitchen with a big gob of peanut butter on his finger... and wipes it on her feet. I guess that's one way to get the dog to lick your feet! I'm guessing her cute little piggies weren't as deliciously sweaty as Ty's usually are, and that's why she was having trouble getting him to give her a good cleaning. Anyway, Ty had to have some peanut butter on his feet too. Seibu was in heaven and we were laughing our brains out. I think it was a great reward for the amazing job he did watching out for the kids during the bubble fiasco. He'd want to get some of them so badly, and stop himself so he wouldn't land on them etc. I sense a framed portrait of him in our future.

Well! Today is a new day. It was a day of amazingly warm temperatures. 36 degrees! I guess not so much warm as cool, instead of freezing or subzero. It's the perfect weather for making snowmen. The snow had just enough slush to it, for it to stick together. Wooooo Hoo! I am so proud as I look out my window and see the back of my very own snowman in my front yard. It's very fulfilling. : )








Happy Winter!