Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Joy

I/Justin and I just had the best conversation with Ty about God. It was fun and fulfilling. It made me appreciate the little soul inside him more than just before that very moment. It was very bonding. And couldn't have come at a better time. He had to be a super good big boy today because his little sister was all sick and clingy and whiney. He was a trooper. I had my wonderful women's meeting tonight and got back just in time to help everyone get ready for bed. I read Ty a story and we snuggled on the couch while we waited for Daddy to come and read a story and tuck him in. We had great conversation, which is not surprising, but not common either. We are usually too distracted or are arguing over how much tv can be watched that day. But, since it was so cold today and Aubree was sick we stayed at home in our pj's all day and watched movies. I think since he got his fill of tv he was able to just hang out with me and chat. It was heaven.

A less meaningful but equally joyful story - Several times on the days that Ty takes a nap (Wed, no school, and sometimes weekends) I end up 'waking' him up so he won't stay awake till 10 o'clock at night. Anyway, I walk in and eventually he stirs and I say hi and ask him if he had a good nap/rest. He sits right up and starts talking faster than I can understand 'Whoa I didn't even know you were in here, I was just sleeping and my body was like, what the heck is going on here!' with exagerated facial expressions to match. I love that boy.