Friday, February 1, 2008

LIKE vs LICK

I'm crocheting a 'granny square' blanket, one of many recent projects. The kids have been infatuated with the squares. So much so that I made them their own squares. Ty loves his, Aubree doesn't seem to be too interested in hers. But she likes to pretend to crochet when she's able to get a hold of my stuff. It really is freaking adorable!


Ty sleeps with his square every night, along with his new camoflauge scarf. Is that cute or what? Here's a fun picture of Daddy in Ty's new awesome scarf. Daddy is gonna love me for this one.


Let me get back to the intended point of this post. The other day I was crocheting a square and Aubree was hanging out next to me on the couch. Kinda cuddling. I asked her if she liked the square and she leaned over and gave it a little lick. It was hysterical! I guess she liked it. And she bopped her shoulders up and down and giggled and scrinched up her face. Seriously, kids rock! Moments like this are why I started blogging. I need to get better at writing them down because there are tons more that I've already forgotten. Baby bloopers are the best! I can see how easy it could be for a 1 - 1/2 year old to mix up the two words. LOL

In all the recent crochet madness, Ty told us he would be stealing the new stripy living room blankie. He wanted to sleep with it in his room. Dad put his dukes up and was ready to battle for it. So I offered to make Ty his very own stripy blankie, and let him pick out the yarn. He was very happy with that offer! So much that he let me know that I had to make one for Aubree too. I love it when he includes her in stuff, and it happens more and more - SO much fun. Anyway. Here they are with their new blankies!

Aubree has even semi-accepted this new blankie, obviously it will never replace THE MEIKEE, but she does like it. I think both of the new blankets are awesome!


This is the kind of crap that made me look forward to having kids. Fun, creative, funky, fun. That's how you spell love.