Wednesday, December 12, 2007

ECFE

Early Childhood Family Education

It's a program here in MN, run by the county?? Anyway, it's awesome. I signed up for a class with Aubree and Ty goes to the sibling care playroom. He loves it. And I love getting to see another side of her personality. A side of her that is not reacting to or following her big brother. I love that she thinks the world of him, but I think it's great for her to get to be social without him. I think I watch her with hearts in my eyes the whole class! The class does some group singing and playing then they set out activities for the little ones to choose from. They can do whatever they want. Aubree LOOOOOVES the baby dolls. We've been 3 times and all 3 times she collects up all the baby dolls and gives them to the person of her choice. She got really comfortable with the teachers very quickly which is exciting. And get this. When it's time for the Mommies to leave the room and have our 'parenting education', she doesn't cry! All 3 times. It's so fun to see her grow and change. She always cries when I leave. Even if she's staying with someone she likes. A lot of times she calms down very quickly, but this class is the only time I have ever left her without a single tear. She has such a good time. And then, at the end, when they walk the little ones over to the room we're in... Ahhhh she is so freakin' adorable! I love to watch her look around the little room for me and when she spots me her whole body lights up. She runs over and gives me a huge hug. Pure heaven.

I should video tape this so I can play it to her when she's a teenager and says she hates me. Then she can see for herself that she did indeed love me at one point in time! Eeek.

Oh and the other cute thing. She cries when we drop Ty off at sibling care or Preschool. I should video tape that too! Show them how much they liked each other before they were teens. ~ Well, I'll just put it out there to the powers that be, that they are close and loving and will easily get through whatever little tiffs they get into. That they really will be friends.