Thursday, October 25, 2007

Oye

Is it over yet? When do I get to clock out? It's been a long day. I knew it would be since we were going to stay at home in our jammies all day. But the day seemed to drag on. It didn't start out bad, it was just, without direction. We took naps early. All of us. Ty slept in my bed and I slept on the couch. Why? Because yesterday Ty decided it would be fun to fill Aubree's bed half way full of toys with her in it. They totally can NOT share a room! So. Ty slept in my bed, I put a 'nighttime' on him (pull up diaper) just in case he had an accident during nap time. He has yet to master the potty control while sleeping. Of course today, he drank two sippys full of water before bed and peed through the diaper. Ok, no big deal. I bought cookie mix to make Halloween cookies, I thought that would be a fun after lunch activity. Ty wouldn't eat lunch, so we didn't make cookies. Aubree is whiny, nothing new there! But as the day drug on, it all started to get to me. I was getting frustrated so I decided we needed to get outside. So we somehow managed to get socks and shoes and jackets for everyone, it took an unbelievably long amount of time and a whole lot of sweat, but we did it. We're half way out the door, trying not to knock Aubree off the steps, hold the screen door open so it doesn't shut on anyone, move out of the way so Ty can get out, again without knocking Aubree off the steps. I think we're all successfully on the step, and WHAM. I shut the door. On Ty's fingers. Oh god. The screaming, THE SCREAMING, and writhing. I'm frantically trying to see his fingers and throw everyone back in the house without damaging anyone else any further. I see the fingers, they're pointing the right direction and there's no blood. Sigh, breathe, breathe, stay calm. Ty is jumping up and down, stomping his feet, shaking his head and letting out this high pitched shrill scream. Somehow I am finally able to hold him and let him cry and hold him some more. I tell him we're going to get some medicine to help with the swelling and pain. He's starting to calm down. I give him a small bowl of yummy autumn mix (candy corn, Reese's Pieces and honey roasted peanuts). He informs me that the medicine is yummy, and we're back to the WHYS. Why is the medicine yummy? Candy and the suggestion of a movie seem to be able to cure just about anything. I get him settled and plan to check on his fingers in a few minutes. I retreat to my bedroom for some quiet and a moment to catch my breath. I called Justin and told him what happened and as we're talking I realize I'm sitting in Ty's pee. Oh great.

Ty seems to be fine, but I need the rest of the day off!!