Saturday, December 6, 2008

Time seems to get away from me

How can it have been so long since I wrote here? Let's see. For christmas this year, Justin got me a plane ticket. One of my oldest friends just had her first baby and it was killing me that I wouldn't see her get to be a new mommy or see her precious sweet boy till this March when he'd be 4.5 months old. He could be sitting up by then! She wouldn't feel like a new mom anymore, I would miss one of the most exciting moments in my friends life. And of course, the fact that I am not having any more babies has a lot to do with wanting to visit so bad. So Justin worked from home and got my girlfriends to take a few shifts with our kids so I could go see Chelsea. It was great. I got to spend 4 days holding that sweet little lump. I got to catch up with my good friend. I got to read stupid magazines and a great book. I am so grateful that she let me come so soon after Jack was born - 2 weeks! Just two weeks after he was born, she let me hang out and hold her new baby, it was great. Then of course I saw my family. Kids, I did not tell you about this because you would have been devastated that I went to visit a Gramma without you! But it was fun to hang with the Gorden family, just the 4 of us. It's been a long time since that happened. We went to see the Pee Wee's and it was really nice to visit without my sweet wonderful little maniacs running the show. : ) In the evening at PB house I got to crochet without distraction. Good stuff. As usual, as much as I loved my trip, it's good to be home. I love my peeps.

No comments: